However, it is important to note that every core or part of the body should also be well cared for, including inner Thigh. Your body needs every part to function adequately and it is important if you want to live a healthy life.
That being said, getting a slim toned thigh does not happen overnight.
Please do not be deceived! It takes a whole lot of consistency and incorporating the right type of inner thighs workout to finally get rid of the inner thigh fat.
After all, the fat didn’t get there overnight, it took a while, so it will take a while before you can finally get rid of them.
Now, follow these 12 best inner thighs workout for slim toned thighs and get ready to say goodbye to those inner thigh fats.
12 Best Inner Thigh Workout for Slim-Toned Thighs
This is an easy inner thigh workout that needs no equipment. During the workout, the inner thigh muscles work faster and this help to burn fats.
This eventually gets rid of those inner thigh fats.
Apart from getting rid of the inner thigh fat, it also works on your glutes, hip flexors, quads, hamstrings, abs, and calves.
In addition, the exercise improves your stability, flexibility and give room for weight loss.
Follow these steps on how to perform a lunge back kick
- Set your feet apart while standing
- Take a step forward by using your right leg and lunge
- Move backward, your right leg back and squeeze your glutes.
- Return to your initial position and repeat the work out with your left leg.
- Continue and alternate your legs.
- Do 20 reps of this exercise.
2. Cross Jacks
This is the most common type of inner thigh workout. This exercise tones your inner thigh and allows the free flow of blood to circulate around your body.
It also improves your muscle endurance, makes your bones stronger and allows your body to relax.
This is also the best exercise for a patient that is just recovering from cardiovascular illness.
Here are the steps to performing across jacks
- Keep your feet and shoulder wide apart.
- Spread out your arms with your palms facing down.
- Jump while simultaneously crossing your arms and legs.
- Return to the initial position where your arms and legs are spread out to complete a rep.
- Repeat this 25 times to complete a set and ensure you alternate it as fast you can.
- This will make your blood to pump faster.
3. Inner thighs circles
This inner thigh workout is best for strengthening your inner thigh muscles and for thigh firming.
This inner thigh exercise can be a bit challenging for beginners but over time you will get used to it and you will enjoy the workout.
Inner thigh circles improve your core strength and help to keep your thighs, hips, and glutes toned.
Follow these steps below to perform an inner thigh circle
- Get your mat.
- Lay gently on your right side.
- Make sure you support your head with your right palm.
- Raise your left foot up and drop it in front of your lower belly.
- Use your left palm to keep your knees away from your chest.
- Bring out your right leg, straighten it and lift it upward.
- Move your right leg in a clockwise motion and later move it anticlockwise.
- Repeat this on your other side.
4. Gate Swings
Do you need a thinner inner thigh? Then, you need to try the gate swings. This workout is a great cardio move that strengthens your glutes, legs and core muscles.
This inner thigh exercise improves your general body fitness. It increases your body’s metabolism level which will help you to burn off inner thigh fat.
Below are steps on how to perform a gate swing.
- Set your feet wide apart and your toes pointing a bit outward.
- Bend your knees and squat.
- Push your knees wide apart, this will make your stretch further.
- Jump with your left leg in front of your right and let it form a standing cross-legged position
- Immediately, jump back of a wide squat placing your hands on your knees.
- Repeat 15 times or more, depending on your fitness level.
5. Plie squats
This is a simple inner thigh workout that has a lot of benefits. This workout provides strength to your lower body and also helps to tone your legs.
Plie squats involve a lot of inner thigh movements which tone your inner thighs.
Below are ways on how to perform a plie squat
- Place your feet on the feet on the floor and spread it wider than your hips
- Hold a set of dumbbells and place it in front of your body.
- Kindly ensure it hangs in between your body.
- Bend down gradually and squat as low as you can.
- Slowly go back without tightening your knees.
- Repeat 25 times for a set.
6. The frog bend
You don’t need any other equipment for this exercise except, of course, your body.
This is quite easy to perform and it helps to shape your inner thighs. This inner thigh workout is also a time saver because it can be done within a short period of time.
Below are steps on how to perform a frog bend
- Raise your face up while you lie down.
- Extend your legs straight over your hips.
- Place your heels together and bring out your toes.
- Bend your knees gradually to your side.
- Straighten them out with the help of your inner thigh muscles and control the movement.
- Repeat 15 times for one set.
7. Seated ball squeeze
All you need for this inner thigh workout is a chair, a ball or a pillow.
This is one of the most effective inner thighs work out, it gets rid of inner thigh fat and gives it a firm shape. Making your body look fit and increasing your confidence.
Steps for performing a seated ball squeeze
- Sit on a chair and ensure your feet is well placed on the floor.
- Ensure your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Put a ball in between your thighs and breathe in.
- Squeeze the ball in between your thighs and breathe out.
- Stay in that position for a minute and breathe normally.
- Take a brief rest and repeat 2 more times to make a set.
8. Inner thigh squeezes
All you need is a swiss ball and if you don’t have a swiss ball you can get something similar e.g. a pillow to do this workout.
Follow these steps below
- Get a yoga mat and lie on it
- Place your swiss ball or any good alternative in between your feet
- Press your two feet hard on the ball as much as you can.
- Stay in that position for 2 seconds.
- At this level, your legs may start to shake but it is a normal feeling.
- Release the ball gradually
- You can do as many as you can but ensure your hips, legs and your body is in the right position.
9. Frog Jumps
Frog jump is an intensive, high impact exercise which is perfect for thigh firming and for getting rid of inner thigh fat.
Frog jump is generally seen as one of the best home based exercise because you can perform it anywhere and it is quite easy to do.
It works on different muscles of the body altogether. It strengthens your arms, legs, back and your entire body altogether.
Frog jump reduces muscle cramps, leg pain, and body stiffness. It also helps you to lose weight faster. It restores your memory which prevents memory loss.
Frog jump helps the blood to circulate around the body and this enables the body to get rid of some toxic substances.
It also improves your body posture for those with bad body posture. It makes your back straight, lower your back muscles and relaxes your tense nerves and muscles.
In addition, it also tightens and tones the inner thigh.
Steps on how to perform a frog jump
- Place your hands behind your head while you stand.
- Squat and keep your torso in the right position while you place your head up.
- Jump forward but avoid jumping too high.
- Repeat as many times as possible.
10. Reverse Clamshell with a Resistance Band
This inner thigh workout gives balance to the muscle of your pelvic floor and it also assists in getting rid of the inner thigh fat.
It is one of the effective exercises in shaping and tightening the flesh around your inner and outer thighs.
It also tones your glutes.
Steps on how to perform a reserve clamshell
- Lie on your side and keep your legs bent slightly.
- Place one leg on top the other leg.
- You can place a resistance band around your thigh
- Now lift the leg on top moving the ankles away from each other.
- Repeat 15 times on each side.
11. Bodyweight Lunges
As the name implies, bodyweight lunge is simply done by using your body weight to work out. It does not require any additional gym equipment.
So, how can you perform a bodyweight lunge work out?
Below are the steps you should follow.
- Stand erect on a balanced and firm surface.
- Keep your feet a few inches apart.
- Ensure you remain upright throughout this inner thigh workout.
- Raise your right foot and come forward slowly.
- Bring your hips down a little bit and bend your right knee until you are in the position of 90 degrees angle.
- Ensure your back knee does not touch the ground.
- Rest your weight on your heels and move yourself to your initial position.
12. Side leg lifts
The side leg lift is an inner thigh workout which helps to define your inner thighs and put your body in a good shape.
It also targets some other parts of your body which are outer thigh, glutes, and your legs.
Below are steps to follow to perform this inner thigh work out
- Place your hand on any support; wall, chair etc
- Place your left your left hand on your waist.
- Carry to your left leg sideways, pause for some time and go back to your initial position.
- Also, do this on your other side.
- Ensure you repeat as many as possible for you to get a satisfying result.
Conclusively, your inner thigh is very important as any other part of your body. Therefore, try as much as possible to pay good attention to it and take good care of your inner thighs.
You can follow these extra tips to ensure you get toned and slim inner thighs and outer thighs.
Tips for toned and slim inner thighs and outer thighs.
- Always begin your workout with a quick warm-up exercise.
- You can start by stretching. Stretch your body or jog around very fast. This will get you prepared for the inner thigh workout
- Please ensure you do at least 2-3 sets of each of these 12 best inner thighs workout for slim toned thighs listed above.
- Also, ensure you carry out the workout for 30 seconds to 1 minute each.
- Ensure you complete the work out with a lower body stretching exercise.
- Ensure you also include another type of exercise apart from the ones which have been listed above.
- Most importantly, ensure you eat clean and stay away from junks. Remember you are what you eat!
- Also stay away from stress, drink enough water and have enough rest.
Enjoy your workout!