Do you have armpit fat or saggy arms that makes you feel less confident about yourself?
Of course, no one likes saggy arms as they make your arms look heavier and bigger than they actually look.
There is no cause for alarm, these easy armpit fat exercises can help you reduce or even get rid of stubborn arm fat, and tighten underarm flab in a week.
However, it takes discipline, and effort. Let’s take a quick look into armpit fat; its description and causes.
What is Armpit Fat
Armpit fat is the extra fat under your arms that can make you look strange when you put your clothes on. There is this flabby or big arm that is hard to carry in a slim fit dress.
It is also the reason many women do not feel comfortable wearing sleeveless shirts and dresses.
Additionally making it possible to experience some problems with your bra since it will pitch into your skin. Armpit fat is common in both men and women. While women want toned and slim arms, men want theirs with huge muscles.
Fat exercises are good but a toned armpit can be achieved by combining a healthy diet with those exercises. Your armpits accumulate fat as a result of weight gain.
So, it is best to stay away from fattening foods like soda/diet soda, energy drinks, candies, cakes, pastries, and packaged fruit and vegetable juices. Though adhering to a healthy diet is the first step, it is never too late to begin those workout regimes.
And no, you don’t need a gym subscription for that. This article lists out 10 best home workout exercises to get rid of armpit fat in 7 days.
Armpit Fat Causes
There are many factors that cause armpit fat. For some people, it could be a genetic trait. For example, if your mother or aunt struggled with armpit fat, then you might have this problem also. If you don’t use your upper body actively, such as working out with your arms, then you may develop armpit fat.
Another cause for women is the size of your breasts. Large breasts have high-fat content, so the chances of having armpit fat are high.
When breasts tissue pushes armpit fat against your arms, then your underarm might appear to have a lot of fat.
Wearing a bra that does not have a proper fit can also cause of armpit fat. When you wear a bra with cups too small for your breast, then your breast tissue tends to migrate to the underarms region. About, 80% of women do not wear a fitted bra and this can cause armpit fat if it is not well fitted to your body.
Other causes of armpit fat include being overweight, hormonal changes and imbalance. People gain fat when calorie intake is high.
Calories bring us energy, but when it exceeds certain limits, our bodies turn this energy into fat. Armpit fat shows that you have gained more fat into your body than necessary.
10 Best Armpit Fat Exercises to Get Rid of Underarm Fat in 7 Days
Now that you know what causes armpit fat, here are 10 best exercises to get rid of underarm fat in 7 days; although nothing can take the place of exercise and hard work, following a few tips can help you on how to reduce underarm fat deposited in the wrong places.
So do try these simple exercises to lose fat fast from your arms.
1. Weight Lifting to Reduce Arms Fat
This exercise helps you to reduce arm fat, back fat, and have toned arms. This is one of the weight exercises which is very effective and also helps to strengthen your core.
- Select an item from your home to use as a weight. You can use a 2-liter water bottle for this exercise. You can also use a pair of dumbbells which weighs around 1 or 2 kilos
- Do not use fragile and valuable items because they may break or get damaged.
- Hold that item with both your hands and lift it over your head.
- Ensure that you keep your arms straight, as this is your starting position.
- Now lower the weight, by taking it behind your back. Try to reach it as low as you can but make sure that you don’t hurt yourself.
- Raise the weight above your head, again.
- Ensure you move your arms slowly. This helps to tighten underarm flab.
- Try to practice this exercise in front of the mirror if you can. This will help you improve the style.
- You need to do 3 sets of 20 reps,
NB-This means you will move the item above your head about 60 times. You can take a rest of one minute after each set. As you gradually increase the weight, it will help to burn armpit fat effectively.
2. Chair Dips for Arms Fat
Another effective armpit exercises that help reduce arm fat is the Chair Dip exercise.
For this workout, you need to choose something that is stable on the ground and at the same time a little higher to the ground e.g. a bed or chair.
Using a soft cushion sofa makes it harder; hence it may not be the best idea.
- Place the furniture in a stable position; it should be at least 2 feet above the ground.
- Stand 3 feet in front of the furniture to perform this exercise with ease.
- Turn your back and place your hands on the furniture.
- Your hands/arms should be shoulder width apart.
- Move three to four steps forward from the furniture.
- Keep your upper body straight and bend your knees to be in line with the furniture.
- Bend your elbows and move your body close to the ground, as if to touch the floor.
- Come back into your normal position.
- Perform 3 sets of 20 reps, every day.
This is one of the best armpit exercises to do to lose underarm fat in a week.
3. Push Ups to Reduce Arm Fat
Push-ups are armpit fat exercises that help to tighten underarm flab. It is the perfect exercise for toned arms, melting the stubborn fat accumulated in the arms.
This push-ups will help you to strengthen your muscles.
- Lie on the floor on your stomach.
- Take the push-up position by keeping your hands apart wider than the shoulder width, straighten your elbow with your feet put together.
- Bend your elbow and move your body to the ground, ensure that your stomach does not touch the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions every day for the desired result.
4. Counter Push Ups to Lose Arm Fat
The counter push-up is an amazing exercise also similar to the normal push-ups. The only change is using a table or kitchen counter, as the focus is to ensure stability.
- You need to face the counter or platform with your arms on the edge of it and your feet touching the base of the counter.
- Move back from the counter until you feel your body leaning forward on tiptoes.
- Balance on your feet and keep your back and shoulder straight.
- Bend your elbows to the level where you touch the counter.
- Now straighten your elbows and repeat.
- You must complete 3 sets of 20 push-ups every day.
- This will help you to lose underarm fat in a week.
5. Scissors Arm Exercise
This exercise amongst other armpit fat exercises can be really fun to perform and will help you lose arm fat and make them look toned and firm.
- Standing straight, lift your arms to shoulder height and place in front of you.
- Stretch your arms to the side and bring them back to your front.
- The right hand should overlap the left so that it resembles open scissors.
- Bring them back and repeat again.
- Ensure you perform this armpit fat exercise for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Opposite Arm & Leg Lift
This is one of the most amazing armpit exercises for toned arms that strengthens both the arm and leg muscles and stretches the back. This exercise is useful to make the posture perfect.
- Get down on the floor with your body raised with the help of your hands and knees.
- Place your knees directly below your hips and your hands placed directly below your shoulders.
- Now, raise your right hand forward and stretch your left leg backward at the same time.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and then return to the initial position.
- Repeat the same process using your left arm and right leg.
- Perform this exercise 15 to 20 times on both sides.
7. One Arm Triceps Dips
The one arm triceps dip is also one of the major armpit fat exercises that primarily focus on the triceps.
It helps to burn the accumulated fat at the back portion of the arms where most of the fat gets deposited. The best thing about this exercise is that you need no equipment to perform it but a clear space in your room.
- Sit down straight on the floor with your legs and feet joined together, your knees bent and feet placed flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor about a foot behind your hips, and keep your palms at a shoulder-width distance with your fingers pointing towards your back hips.
- Now, straighten your arms and raise your hips off the floor.
- Bend your right elbow, and use your left arm to lower your hips as close to the floor without touching it.
- Straighten your right arms and bend your left elbow to again lower your hips to the floor.
- Repeat on alternate sides to lose underarm fat in a week.
8. Arm Circles Exercise
This is yet another of the armpit fat exercises to lose arm fat, tone up your arms and shape the flabby arms. This exercise focuses on burning out the arm fat with or without weights.
- You can hold two 600 ml water bottles or dumbbells in both hands while doing the arm circles.
- Stand with your feet placed shoulder-width apart while extending your arms straight to your sides, raised at shoulder height.
- Now, make 50 small circles with your hands by rotating them in the forward direction.
- Then switch to 50 small backward circles. Moving your arms back and forth helps to tone all the muscles of the arms.
9. Single Arm Lateral Raise
This is an armpit fat exercise that helps to lose fat fast from the arms and tighten underarm flab.
This exercise also helps in strengthening the core muscles. You can do this exercise in both lying and standing position. Although it is best performed in lying position as it exerts more pressure and body weight over the arm fat and makes muscles tone up faster.
- Begin in a push-up position with knees and hands placed directly under the shoulders.
- Hold a 600 ml water bottle or dumbbell in the left hand while you keep the arm straight.
- Now, you are to raise your torso up till your right hand is completely straight and your left arm parallel to the floor.
- Keep your abs and torso stable and hold this position for a few moments.
- Then slowly lower your body to the starting push-up position.
- Repeat the exercise by simultaneously switching the weight to the right arm.
10. Half-Moon Rotation for Flabby Arms
Medium intensity armpit fat exercises that involve slow and controlled movements can also tone arm muscles effectively.
The half-moon rotation exercise engages the major muscles of the shoulders and arms i.e. the biceps and triceps. It does not need to be high intensity and exhaustive to tone down the arm muscles.
- Stand straight and keep your feet placed hip-width apart and arms raised straight to the sides, raised at shoulder height with your fingers together.
- Keep your palms on the floor and then rotate your thumbs slowly towards the back until your palms are facing the ceiling.
- Then slowly rotate the thumb down and forward making it look like a half-moon in the air.
- Repeat this exercise 30 times at a stretch for effective results.
- How to Get Rid of Lower Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight in a Week: Try These 11 Best Ways
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Week (11 Weight Loss Tips)
- 9 Best Fat Burning Cardio for Weight Loss at Home
These among many are the best armpit fat exercises to lose arm fat that you can try out at home.
However, to lose arm fat faster, you need to stick effectively to these regimen, ensuring that you practice them daily.
Keep yourself hydrated by drinking enough water and don’t skip breakfast while doing these armpit fat exercises.
Maintain a good diet by avoiding unhealthy food and focus on the weight loss.
Follow these armpit fat exercises routine and then enjoy the benefits of a healthy and happy body.
Would you try these workouts to lose armpit fat? Please, leave us to comment below for feedback, and share this post with friends.